Aromatic flavours of natural herbs and spices transform the ordinary Parsnip into a delicious heartwarming soup. Quick and easy to make.
· 675g parsnips, diced
· 2 Tbsp olive oil
· 2 plum tomatoes, quartered
· 1 large onion, cut into 6-8 chunks
· ½ tsp Earth Signature Turmeric powder
· 1 tsp coriander seeds
· 1 tsp cumin seeds, extra to garnish
· ½ tsp mustard seeds
· 2 garlic cloves
· 1.2l vegetable stock
· 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Mix olive oil, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, Earth Signature turmeric powder, and mustard seeds in a medium size bowl as per the spoon measurements provided in the ingredients list.
- To the mix above, add one large onion cut into 6-8 chunks, add two garlic cloves, the diced Parsnips, and the tomatoes and mix well.
- Heat oven to 2200C. Spread the mix over a baking sheet, then roast for 30 mins until tender.
- Once done, put it into a food processor or liquidizer with 600ml vegetable stock and process until smooth.
- Pour into a pan, add the remaining 600ml vegetable stock, season, then heat until barely simmering.
- Remove from the heat and stir in 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Garnish with cumin seeds.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|10 minutes||35 minutes||45 minutes||4|