This tender, smoky roasted squash is one of our popular, easy-to-make side dishes.
You would not want to miss this delectable dish of Roasted Butternut Squash with the flavourful addition of Smoked Paprika and Turmeric. It is a healthy side dish to serve at any gathering and can be made ahead and reheated.
- 3 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes (8 cups)
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Earth Signature Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Cut the squash lengthwise into one-inch thick strips and then cut into cubes.
- Preheat oven to 3750F.
- Toss squash cubes with oil, then add the spices – paprika, turmeric, garlic powder and salt in a medium/large bowl to coat.
- Once the squash is coated in the seasoning, spread it on a baking sheet.
- Roast the squash for about 35 minutes, stirring once or twice, until the squash is tender and starts to brown in spots; use a fork to check.
- Once it is done, sprinkle some parsley for a bit of colour if you like.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|10 minutes||35 minutes||45 minutes||6 cups|