This dish is an interesting spin on a traditional Focaccia with potato and turmeric toppings served with rosemary garnish. It will take some effort, but the result will be well worth your time.
· 1 tsp fresh yeast
· 2 Tbsp olive oil
· 450g white flour
For the topping
· 3 medium size potatoes, thinly sliced
· 2 Tbsp olive oil, plus 1 tsp extra to serve
· 1 tsp Earth Signature Turmeric powder
· 2-3 tsp of fresh rosemary leaves chopped to serve
1. Dough Preparation: Take a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in 350ml cold water and add the oil. Add the flour and 1 tsp salt and mix properly with your hands to make a dough. Cover and leave in the fridge overnight.
2. Day 2: Take your dough out and place it in an oiled tray (approx 30cm x 20cm). Using your fingertips and palm, gently stretch and spread the dough into a rectangle, then fold it in half. Rotate the dough and repeat the process. Let it rest for 30 mins. Repeat this process of spreading, stretching, folding, and resting two-three times more.
3. Spread the potato slices over the dough, overlapping on one another. Mix the olive oil with the Earth Signature turmeric powder and brush the mix on the potato topping.
4. Heat oven to 2200C. Sprinkle sea salt on the top and bake for 25-30 mins. When cooked, drizzle with olive oil and scatter over the rosemary.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|20 minutes + overnight proving and resting||30 minutes||50 minutes||12|