Who doesn’t like a pancake? Pancakes are easier to make than you think, with most ingredients in your kitchen. Here is our take on Pancakes with a healthy turmeric twist that adds natural colour and flavour, served with sliced fruit and a dollop of lemon curd and ginger.
For the pancakes
· 200g self-raising flour
· 1 tsp baking powder
· 2 Tbsp honey
· ¼ tsp ground ginger
· ½ tsp Earth Signature Turmeric powder
· 200ml milk
· 3 eggs
· 25g butter, melted plus extra for frying
· 2 pieces stem ginger, sliced
· 4 Tbsp orange or lemon curd
· 2-3 slices of orange or mango
1. To make the Pancake batter, you will need to put all the pancake ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk together until smooth and lump-free.
2. Take a small knob of butter and melt it in a large non-stick frying pan until it is slightly foaming. Add 2 tbsp pancake batter to the pan and swirl it around into a circle with the back of the tablespoon to make each pancake. Cook them for 2-3 mins on one side, then flip them over and cook for a minute until golden and cooked through.
3. Heat the oven to its lowest setting, transfer the cooked pancakes to a tray and keep them warm in the oven until they’ve all been fried.
4. Stack the pancakes with lemon curd, stem ginger, and fresh fruit slices.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|10 minutes||20 minutes||30 minutes||4|