This Turmeric Lentil detox soup is a nutritious, easy to make and a hearty meal that is great for the liver and the digestive system. It is loaded with protein and is super delicious! Turmeric Lentil soup is a tasty cleansing soup recipe that is made of ingredients that benefits the liver health and support digestion.
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 cup of chopped onion
- 1 cup of chopped celery
- 1 cup of chopped turnip, or potato
- 2 1/2 cups of sweet potato chopped
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp of dried thyme
- 1 cup brown or green lentils
- 1 cup red lentils
- 2 tbsp of Earth Signature turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp cumin
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 cup of fresh herbs ( parsley )
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Heat the oil in a stockpot or Dutch oven. Add celery, onions, sweet potatoes, turnip, and garlic. Cook for approximately 5 minutes or until the vegetables begin to soften a little. Add salt and pepper, and thyme and cook for about 2 more minutes.
- Add the lentils, turmeric, ginger and cumin to the pot. Cook/sauté for about one or two minutes before adding the broth and water. When the soup starts to boil, cover the pot and lower the heat. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the stove and mix in the almond milk spinach lemon juice, herbs, and pepper flakes. After the spinach is wilted it is ready to be served.
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|10 minutes||40 minutes||50 minutes||6|