Most everyone knows hummus. It’s the quintessential Middle Eastern dip made with Chickpeas. We wanted to give it a healthy twist and used sweet potato, a natural powerhouse of vitamins and essential minerals and also rich in fibre.
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon Earth Signature turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 175oC/350oF
- Toss the sweet potatoes with the garlic and spices on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Allow to cool, then add the rest of the ingredients except for the olive oil to a food processor.
- Blend until well combined. Then, turn the motor on and slowly drizzle in the olive oils until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- Taste-test and adjust. Serve with pitta chips or veggie crudités!
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|10 minutes||30 minutes||40 minutes||2 cups|