Our pets, especially our pawed friends, are brilliant companions. Pets can reduce stress, anxiety, and depression, ease loneliness, and encourage exercise and playfulness. Caring for an animal can help children in the house grow up more secure and active. Pets also provide much-needed companionship for older adults. Perhaps most importantly, a pet can add absolute joy and unconditional love to your life.
We all get concerned about the well-being of our pets and want them to live an ailment-free life. You would be amazed to know the health benefits of Turmeric for Dogs. Over 5000 studies have proved that Turmeric is entirely safe for your dog and can be added to your canine’s diet. Among other benefits, Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce inflammation in dogs and even treat chronic arthritis.
You would be wondering, How much Turmeric is suitable for my dog? or unsure how to get a particularly faddy pup to get started on Turmeric. To make your life easier, we have recommended Turmeric dosage for dogs according to their Breed /size.
Dog Breeds By Size:
- Larger Dog Breeds – (E.g., Shepherd, Rottweiler, Huskie, Great Dane, Labrador, Mastiff, Saint Bernard) 1 softly rounded teaspoon of Turmeric blend
- Medium to Large Dog Breeds – (E.g., Golden Retriever, American Staffordshire Terrier, Standard Poodles, Boxer, Collie) 1 teaspoon of Turmeric blend
- Small Dog Breeds – (E.g., English Springer Spaniel, Beagle, Dachshund, Shih Tzu,The Jack Russell Terrier) 1/2 teaspoon of Turmeric blend.
- Tiny Dog Breeds – (E.g. Chihuahua, Miniature Schnauzer, Maltese Terrier, Yorkshire Terrier) 1/4 teaspoon of Turmeric blend
I. Directions For Dry Dog Food:
- Sprinkle Earth Signature Turmeric Blend over kibble, add little hot water, and stir just enough to make it pasty around the kibble.
- Crack a raw egg on top.
- The first time, it activates some changes in their digestive system so that they usually eat it without the egg incentive in future.
This might require a few attempts if you have a fussy eater. Once your dog is feeling better, they typically respond to eating very well.
II. Directions For Wet Dog Food:
- Mix the Turmeric Blend into wet food and top it with an, as above.
We recommend you to leave them outside or confine them inside for the first 24 hours – just in case they experience a loose bowel response. If this happens, minimise their dosage for the initial few days.
We hope this guide on Turmeric dosage for dogs has helped you and that you are confident enough to start using Turmeric blend for your dog’s better health and well-being.